Wyze Camera is a series of cost-effective and user-friendly smart home security cameras created by Wyze Labs. Recently, these devices have been on the rise for being crafted to offer you accessible and budget-conscious choices for surveilling their indoor and outdoor living areas.
Wyze cameras are recognized for their uncomplicated nature, adaptability, and feature-packed performance in relation to their competitively affordable pricing.
However, when using modern devices, you are bound to face technical problems and queries that may leave you stressed and confused. If you’re an active user of this product, you might face some questions while using it on a constant basis.
One of the major questions that customers have is can they view the Wyze camera on PC and if yes, how can they watch the Wyze camera on PC?
If you have that question, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will tell you how to view Wyze camera on your Windows or Mac computer.
How to Watch Wyze Camera on Your Desktop?
Officially, you can not view the Wyze camera on PC because they do not have software to watch your camera feed on PC.
But we have found a workaround which we will share with you using which you can view the live camera feed of your Wyze camera on the big screen of your computer.
In general, we have a number of ways of viewing your Wyze camera on a PC. These usually include the use of emulators, SD card readers as well as using RTSP.
Use an Emulator
Yes, you guessed it! Our first and foremost solution to allow you to watch your Wyze camera on PC is by using Android emulators so that you can access the Wyze app from your PC and be able to record and monitor the camera live stream recordings as you want.
To name one, BlueStacks is the more widely used secure emulator. To watch your wyze camera on PC using an emulator, follow these steps below:
- Launch any web browser on your PC
- Visit the BlueStacks website and install it on to your PC
- Now open the BlueStacks application on your PC.
- Open Play Store and log into your account
- Install the Wyze app and as soon as it is installed on BlueStacks, open the wyze app
- Login to your account and tap on the Wyze camera for the live stream to start playing.
Use the Webview access
WebView is another easy way to be able to watch your Wyze camera on a PC. This is also widely available on PC and MAC on various web browsers such as Safari, chrome, edge, etc.
One thing to remember though is that using WebView requires you to have a Cam Plus license on the camera you need to view. Follow the steps below to watch your Wyze camera on PC:
- Launch your web browser and visit the Wyze website
- Login to your Wyze account
- On another screen, all your installed cameras will show up.
- Tap on the play button on the camera you wish to show the live events.
- Click on the events at the screen header to see your previous recorded events.
Access the micro SD card
Another possible method to watch your wyze camera on your PC is by watching the footage stored on your wyze camera’s micro SD card. Follow the steps below to access the microSD card:
- Remove the SD card from your wyze camera
- Replace it on a micro SD card reader
- Now connect your micro SD card reader to your PC
- Now you will be able to view the recorded events on your PC.
Use Real Time Streaming protocol
This is also called RTSP in short and it is a type of protocol that is followed to manage network connections by controlling certain media sessions between two endpoints. This step however requires the installation of the firmware first. One prerequisite to following this step is to make sure that you have a VLC media player installed on your PC.
To turn on RTSP:
- Open settings and choose advanced settings
- Choose RTSP. Make sure the version is updated.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on generate URL
- Now this link can be used to stream the video on PC, make sure VLC is downloaded on your PC
- Open the VLC player and select media
- Click on Open network stream
- Paste the URL you had generated earlier and click on play for streaming to start.
Also Read – How to Power Cycle a Wyze Camera? [Quick Guide]
It may now be clear to you that it is possible to watch the live stream of your recorded events on a Wyze camera on your PC by the use of additional processes such as emulators and RTSP.
If you are a MAC user the steps are generally simpler than Windows. We hope that ultimately our guide has helped you understand the short but necessary steps you need to take if you want to watch your Wyze camera on your PC.