Wyze cameras have become popular and in demand, as they are dependable and adaptable home security tools, offering the ease of overseeing your residence using your smartphone or any other handheld gadget.
However, similar to all electronic gadgets, Wyze cameras may occasionally require a reboot or power cycling to restore their configurations and conditions.
If you’re facing problems such as connection difficulties, unresponsiveness, or other glitches, you can fix them by power cycling your Wyze Camera.
The process of power cycling your Wyze camera is easy, and straightforward and can assist in various other problems. However, if you are not sure how to Power Cycle Your Wyze Camera, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we will guide you through a stepwise guide on effective power cycling your Wyze camera V2, Indoor Wyze Camera, and Outdoor Wyze camera. Since the troubleshooting method is different for indoor and outdoor cameras.
Quick Summary – You can power cycle your Wyze camera by removing the power supply, waiting for 1-2 minutes then turning back on the power supply. This will fix the problems in your Wyze camera.
What does Power Cycling a Camera Mean?
Power Cycling typically involves completely turning off an electronic device, often by disconnecting it from any power supply. This serves as a valuable method for resolving issues like live feed not working, wyze camera offline, etc as it effectively resets the device and its connections by clearing the device’s memory and resetting any settings that may have been causing performance issues.
This procedure can effectively address various troubleshooting concerns. This is done mostly with cameras and modems when they stop working.
Why perform Power Cycling?
If you’re wondering why do we power cycle a camera device, here are the following reasons why this is performed. These also include the many reasons you might face an issue with camera functioning. It’s necessary to understand these causes from a basic point of view.
- Enhanced Connectivity: In cases of connectivity problems with your Wyze camera, employing power cycles can effectively reset the camera, forging a fresh connection with your WiFi network. Power cycling refreshes and reinitializes the camera processes. This causes your Wyze camera to redo its connections with your router and servers. This action will further enhance the camera’s streaming quality, diminishing instances of buffering or lag.
- Optimized Performance: When confronted with freezing, crashes, or other performance glitches, executing a power cycle can aid in purging the camera’s memory or resetting configurations that could be contributing to the problem. This process can additionally boost the overall operational efficiency of the camera.
- Firmware Updates: After updating the camera’s firmware, performing a power cycle might become necessary to finalize the update and ensure the camera is operating on the latest software iteration.
- Mitigating Power Incidents: In the event of power outages or surges at your residence, initiating a power cycle on the camera can restore its functionality to normalcy.
- Battery Preservation: If your Wyze camera operates on batteries, initiating power cycles can be advantageous for conserving and safeguarding battery life. This is achieved by resetting any settings that might be depleting the battery.
- Memory and Cache Clearing: Over time, electronic devices can accumulate temporary data and cache, which might cause performance issues or glitches. Power cycling clears these temporary files and resets the device’s memory, often improving its performance.
- Resetting Hardware: Power cycling allows the hardware components of a device to reset and reinitialize. This can resolve problems caused by hardware components being stuck in an undesirable state.
- Environmental Changes: Power cycling can be useful after sudden changes in the environment, such as power surges or fluctuations, which can temporarily disrupt a device’s operations.
If you’re encountering these errors, below is a list of steps and measures that can be taken to solve these issues.
Step-by-Step Guide to Power Cycle Wyze Camera
To Power Cycle Wyze Camera, follow these steps:
1) Deactivate your camera. To accomplish this, locate the power cable or USB cord linked to your camera and detach it from the power outlet. In the case of a battery-powered camera, you might need to take out the batteries instead.
2) Allow a minimum of 10-15 seconds to elapse. This interval permits the camera’s memory and settings to reset.
3) Re-establish the power supply for your camera. If it’s linked via the power cable, plug it back into the socket. For battery-operated cameras, reintroduce the batteries.
4) Await the camera’s rebooting process. This could take several seconds or up to a minute.
5) Confirm the proper functionality of the camera. Launch the Wyze app on your Android or Apple smartphone to check if the camera is connected and streaming video.’
How to Perform Remote Power Cycling on Wyze Camera
If the Wyze camera is installed at a place where you can’t reach it or you are not at home and want to power cycle your Wyze camera remotely, then you can do it from your mobile.
To remotely initiate a power cycle on your Wyze camera, follow these steps:
1) Launch the Wyze app on your smartphone or mobile device and navigate to the specific camera for which you intend to remotely power cycle.
2) Select the “Settings” symbol (represented as a gear icon) located in the upper-right corner of the screen. From here, scroll downward and tap on “Advanced Settings.”
3) Afterward, choose “Restart Device” and confirm your desire to reboot the camera. This action will remotely deactivate your Wyze camera.
4) Wait for no less than 10-15 seconds before proceeding to the subsequent step. This waiting period ensures ample time for the camera’s memory and configurations to reset.
6) Subsequently, open the Wyze app on your smartphone or mobile device to verify the camera’s connection status and confirm if video streaming is operational.
How to Perform a Power Cycle on WYZE Cam V2
The process of power cycling a WYZE Cam V2 is identical to that of any other WYZE camera.
However, if you’ve attempted power cycling multiple times and cannot establish a connection with your WYZE Cam V2, you may need to resort to a Hard Reset.
You can discover a straightforward method for conducting a Hard Reset in the camera’s manual.
How to Perform a Power Cycle on a WYZE Outdoor Camera
Performing a Power Cycle on an Outdoor Wyze Camera is different than of an indoor camera. If you have an outdoor wyze camera that you want to power cycle, follow these steps:
1) Disconnect your WYZE outdoor Cam from its mounting.
2) Take out the batteries, wait for a minimum of 2 minutes, and then reinsert them.
3) Next, allow at least 15 seconds to pass, and proceed to power it ON.
4) It should be operational in an efficient manner.
Conclusion | Power Cycle Wyze Camera
Wyze Cameras are one of the top choices when someone wants to install security cameras at their home. However, like any other electronic gadget, Wyze cameras also face some issues that you can solve by yourself by performing a power cycle.
In this article, we covered how you can power cycle your Wyze indoor and outdoor camera. I hope you were able to fix your Wyze camera issues. If not, feel free to ask in the comment section.