Blink cameras are excellent devices for monitoring your home and offer good home surveillance security. They are easy to use and convenient to set up. In case you want to give away your Blink cameras to someone, you should first unregister the Blink cameras. But what if you do not have access to the account?
In that case, do not worry. In this article, we will tell you how to unregister the blink camera without an account in very simple steps.
To protect your privacy and prevent any exposure of your data you may unregister your Blink camera using a different account as well. The general steps involve erasing your account settings, altering the email address, or factory resetting the blink camera.
To understand this in a proper detailed manner, make sure to follow our guide as it will be the perfect solution to your problem.
Follow these different methods using which you can unregister the blink camera without an account.
The first method that you may follow to unregister your Blink camera without an account is to delete the account settings. This will help to unregister the Blink camera as it will erase the entire account settings.
This method can be used in cases where your Blink camera is already linked to another account and you have access to it. This usually means you are the one owning the camera or you have access to the login credentials from the previous owner.
You must however verify that you are the owner of the current Blink account. To delete your Blink camera account settings:
- Launch the Blink app and go to system settings
- Choose the system setting you want to delete
- Tap on delete system and confirm delete once the pop-up message is seen
- Return to the settings screen and go to manage account if the system is gone
- Select delete account
The account settings are successfully deleted. Please note that once the account is deleted, it can not be reactivated so remember to perform this method only when you are sure you want to permanently delete the account.
This method is the second way to unregister your blink camera without an account. Essentially, what factory resetting will do is it will erase all previous settings including loss of previous account and system data, restoring it to factory settings.
You can opt for this method if you do not have access to both the email associated with your Blink camera and the login details of the account. In this case follow these steps:
- Find the synch module that connects your camera to the WiFi network
- Hold down the reset button on the side of the synch module for 10 seconds
- When the red light starts blinking, it means the sync module is reset
- Release the button and wait for the sync module to restart
- Now the camera is back to default settings and it will be unregistered from the Blink account.
- Open the Blink app to connect your sync module to your internet router
- Adjust the settings such that your camera is paired to the correct module and that your account settings are the right ones.
The function of the sync module is to basically connect your Blink camera to your WiFi network and the Blink app present on your phone. Before you perform this step of resetting, verify that your sync module and camera are working properly. Also, ensure that the power supply damage is avoided at all costs.
Switch your email address.
The last method that may work to unregister your Blink camera without an account is substituting your email address. This is done when you may have access to the email address linked to the Blink camera account but not the account itself. For example, you may remember the email address but not the password.
In this process you have to simply change the email address linked to the account by following these steps:
- Launch the Blink app and go to settings
- On the home screen, choose the account icon
- Click on the existing email address and fill in your login credentials
- Once done, tap on Change email address
- A new screen will pop up where you enter the new login credentials of a different email
- Authenticate the new email address and verify it through the verification link
- After verification, you will now be able to use the new email account.
Alternatively, you may also contact Blink support to help them change your email address. After the email is altered, you may use the option of forgot password to reset the password.
By following our guide in a simple and calm manner, you will be able to unregister the blink camera without account in the blink of an eye.
It is recommended that before you completely reset your camera you try alternative methods that can unregister your Blink account without the account.
We hope that our guide has been helpful and informative enough for you to tackle this problem efficiently at the comfort of your hope.
Also Read – Blink Cameras Not Showing Live View [Fixed]